The Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course introduces fundamental Pro Tools concepts and principles, covering everything an individual needs to know to complete a basic Pro Tools project, from initial setup to final mixdown.
Students also learn to build sessions that include multi-track recordings of live audio, MIDI sequences and virtual instruments. Hands-on exercises and projects introduce essential techniques for creating sessions, recording and importing audio and MIDI, editing session media, navigating sessions and arranging media on tracks, and using basic processing and mixing techniques to finalize a production. Included with the course material is a download of media files and Pro Tools sessions to accompany the exercises and projects in the text.
Together with the second course in the series, Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110), this course provides the foundation training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Create a Pro Tools session document or cloud-enabled project with appropriate parameter settings
- Accomplish common audio production tasks
- Employ navigation and editing skills in a multi-track Pro Tools document
- Incorporate proper recording and mixing techniques for audio and MIDI files in the Pro Tools environment
- Analyze and interpret session file structures
- Recognize and navigate the user interface and tool set
PRICE: Single Payment – £300
DATES & TIMES: 2 days 10am-6pm starting Monday 12th August / Monday 11th November
BASED IN: Mac Suites
CONTACT US for bundle prices with other Avid courses
- No experience with Avid Pro Tools software is required
- A working knowledge of Windows or Macintosh or operating systems
- Basic audio recording and DAW knowledge, such as a familiarity with microphones, understanding of basic audio and MIDI recording techniques, knowledge of basic multi-track mixing concepts (such as setting levels and panning), and familiarity with digital audio equipment such as MIDI controllers and audio interfaces
QUALIFICATION GAINED: Avid Pro Tools 101 Completion Certificate