The Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110) course expands upon the basic principles taught in the Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course and introduces the core concepts and techniques students need to competently operate a Pro Tools system running mid-sized sessions.
Students learn to build sessions designed for commercial purposes and improve the results of their recording, editing, and mixing efforts. The hands-on exercises provide experience setting up sessions, importing media, working with digital video, spotting sound effects, using loop recording and MIDI Merge techniques, working with virtual instruments, warping with Elastic Audio, applying Real-Time Properties, creating clip loops, applying signal processing, using automation, and using submixes and track groups to simplify a final mix.
Together with the first course in the series, Pro Tools Fundamentals (PT101), this course provides the training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Manage large track counts and multiple channels of simultaneous inputs and outputs
- Create appropriate Pro Tools software and hardware settings
- Select appropriate settings in the Playback Engine dialog
- Set up and modify input/output (I/O) settings
- Assess and integrate virtual instruments and specialized plugins for specific music and
- Utilize advanced recording techniques to capture multiple record takes in succession
- Analyze Elastic Audio processors and methods to select appropriate options
- Utilize Elastic Audio techniques MIDI Real-Time Properties to achieve desired tempo and/or rhythmic effects and outcomes
- Apply clip-based editing techniques to audio and MIDI tracks
- Incorporate automated mixing techniques into a Pro Tools workflow for selective during a session post-production tasks automation
- Be ready to sit the associated certification exam
- Enable, play, view, and edit automation data
- Mix using sends, returns, plug-ins, master faders, and groups
PRICE: Single Payment – £450
DATES & TIMES: 3 days 10 – 6pm starting Wednesday 14th August/ Wednesday 13th November
BASED IN: Mac Suites
CONTACT US for bundle prices with other Avid courses.
- Completion of the Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course, or equivalent experience
- Ability to create sessions, select appropriate session parameters, record audio and MIDI, use Edit modes and tools effectively, set Grid and Nudge values, create and recall memory locations, navigate tracks and media, create Edit selections using a variety of common techniques, use plugins for signal processing and virtual instruments, create a basic mix, and use basic automation techniques
QUALIFICATION GAINED: Avid Pro Tools 110 Completion Certificate